[BioC] I have trouble running the AnnBuilder Vignette

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Nov 11 21:56:43 CET 2004

Richard Friedman wrote:
> Dear John (and Everyone),
> 	Thank you very much for your quick reply. I tried what you said,
> but I got a warrning and an error message but I still can't reachthe
> object. The warning was that gzip was not found.
> The error was Error in parseKEGGGenome() : Faild to obtain KEGG organism
> code
You need to download the tool set found here
(http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/tools.zip ) and make sure that
you add the directory where you place the tools to your PATH variable,
preferably before your windows folder.

In other words, download the tools, unzip in e.g., C:\Rtools, and then
add this to your PATH by right clicking My Computer -->
Properties/Advanced/Environment Variables/System variables. Click on the
path variable, then the edit button and add C:\Rtools. As an example, my
PATH looks like this:

Files\HTML Help Workshop;C:\Program Files\GNU\WinCvs
1.3\CVSNT;C:\Program Files\PuTTY;C:\RW1091\bin;C:\Program

Note that C:\Rtools comes *before* C:\WINDOWS

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive