[BioC] package simpleaffy

Crispin Miller CMiller at PICR.man.ac.uk
Wed Mar 24 16:33:39 CET 2004

Hi Gareth,
The developmental packages all require R-devel... I suspect that that,
combined with the fact that you're using R version 1.8.1 not 1.9
(against which simpleaffy is built on the bioconductor site) might be
the issue?
Cheers,

Crispin

-----Original Message-----
From: bioconductor-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch
[mailto:bioconductor-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch] On Behalf Of Gareth
Hughes
Sent: 24 March 2004 08:23
To: bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: [BioC] package simpleaffy

Hello,

  I'm interested in taking in look at the higher level simple analysis
of affymetrix data documented in the package "simpleaffy".  I've
downloaded the zip file and R succesfully installs the package.
However, when you come to open the package using 'library(simpleaffy)'
the following error springs up: -

Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
        unable to load shared library
"C:/PROGRA~1/BIOCON~1/R/rw1081/library/simpleaffy/libs/simpleaffy.dll":
  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified procedure could not be found. In
addition: Warning message:
package simpleaffy was built under R version 1.9.0
Error in library(simpleaffy) : .First.lib failed

I'm using R version 1.8.1 and package affy + other dependencies are
installed.
Any ideas?  Do I have to download and install the devel edition of R?
There was some previous discussion of this problem, but I can't find any
solutions to resolve this issue.

Any pointers, tips and hints are appreciated.

Regards,

Gareth.

Gareth Hughes
Bioinformaticist