[BioC] Problem with limma - psigamma?

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.edu.au
Mon Mar 22 23:30:52 CET 2004

At 11:53 PM 22/03/2004, Matthew  Hannah wrote:
>I've just reinstalled everything, I used the compiled rw1090dev.exe
>win32 for install and it appears it does not contain the psigamma
>function (see below).

rw10910dev *does* include 'psigamma'. Tetragamma() is now a Deprecated
function which as been replaced by psigamma(), hence I was forced to
replace tetragamma() with psigamma() in limma. The limma code checks for
which version of R it is getting so that limma will work in both R 1.8.1
and R 1.9.0

>As for the error, is this psigamma new to the latest limma as previous
>versions
>worked ok on the eBayes call. Any quick fix (other than dropping a limma
>version),
>and should I contact someone about the win32 installer, or is someone on
>this list
>in contact with the compiler?

Down-load the latest R 1.9.0, available from
http://cran.at.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rdevel.html. The print-out
that you give below is not from R1.9.0alpha.

Gordon