[BioC] kooperberg correction

Jason Skelton jps at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Mar 18 15:33:51 MET 2004

>This means that one of the limits (lower/upper) passed to the function
>integrate() is a missing value (NA) for one of the genes.  I wouldn't have
>expected this error because the limits are calculated using data from the
>GenePix results files without logging.
>
>Can you check that the columns "F532 Mean", "F532 SD", "B532 Mean", "B532
>SD", "F635 Mean", "F635 SD", "B635 Mean", "B635 SD", "F Pixels" and "B
>Pixels" in your files don't have any missing values?
>
>If there are no NA's, perhaps you can send me an example of one of your
>.gpr files so I can take a closer look at the problem.  Best wishes,

Hi Matt

One of my gpr files has data from a
top row of a sub grid with values of 0

looking at the original image these spots have been printed right on the
edge of the possible scan area
where I'm guessing information is being lost when genepix is extracting
data.

Is there an arbitrary number I could give this small set of spots to
replace the 0's
or would that defeat the object

I've tried the kooperberg approach on other gpr files and they all work fine

many thanks

Jason