[BioC] data transformation

Wolfgang Huber w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Wed Mar 17 21:15:19 MET 2004

Hi Rohit,

the results of vsn are invariant under scaling, i.e. the
result of

   vsn(x)

is the same as that of

   vsn(1000*x)

except for an overall additive offset of the transformed values by a
value of log(1000).

Since log-ratios (strictly speaking, "generalized log-ratios") are
differences between transformed values, it makes no difference between
the two calls.

Hope this helps,
  Wolfgang