[BioC] limma model to treat replicate spots

Joyce Gu jwgu at bcm.tmc.edu
Mon Mar 15 19:01:53 MET 2004

Hello,
I have cDNA, I tried limma to do normalizeWithinArrays, but the results looks
like they did not aveage spots. Each spot was printed twice in my cDNA array,
how limma average them? I have all the log ratio from every printed spot(twice
printed). When I did correlation between replicated, their coef is very low,
which compared to arrayTool analysis, is significant different. When I looked
at the log ratio, limma has twice as many as arrayTool log ratio, so I think
limma did not average my spots.

Any idea and suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Joyce Gu   M.S.
Scientific Programmer

Cancer Genomics Group