[BioC] questions about Affy package from new user: one more question

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Mar 15 15:11:29 MET 2004

AH. GS==GeneSpring.

If you want to join them before importing to GeneSpring, you should do
this after computing expression values. You can do something like:

out <- rbind(exprs(exprSetA), exprs(exprSetB))
write.table(out, "Combined expression data.txt", sep="\t", quote=F,

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109

>>> "Lizhe Xu" <lxu at chnola-research.org> 03/14/04 06:20PM >>>
Now, I tried to load the exported data from Bioconductor to GeneSpring
and found another question. Since I used U133 chip set, I wonder if I
can joint the U133A and B directly and import them to GS or I should do
probeset level normalization first (if so, which package in bioconductor
can do it) before joint them. Thanks.

Bioconductor mailing list
Bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch