[BioC] MOE430 A and B

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 15 13:29:00 MET 2004

You need to deal with each type of chip separately, most of the
normalization/expression estimation procedures work using the values
for the same probes across chips. So it makes no sense to put in two
different types of chips, you need to normalize and compute expression
measure separately - there are some exceptions, in that you could try
to use common probes across both chip types.
 Robert

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 01:20:25PM +0100, peter robinson wrote:
> Dear List members,
>
> I would like to use the affy package to analyze data from MOE430A and -B
> chips. I tried to read in data from both types of chips at once using
> data <- ReadAffy(widget=T)
> and then reading in 3 MOE430A and 3 MOE430B CEL files.
> I got the error message:
> "Cel file does not seem to beo of 430MOEA type" when the script tried to input
> data from a 430MOEB Cel file. I had imported the CDF and annotation packages
> for both types of chip.
> I am using R 1.81, Bioconductor 1.3 on a SuSe 8.1 linux system.
>
> Thanks for any advice/tips!
>
> Peter

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |