[BioC] Replicates array

Paola Sgado' sgadop at yahoo.it
Tue Mar 9 11:56:24 MET 2004

Hi
I just started to work with oligonucleotide microarray and I would like
to have suggestions on the methods I should use to analyse the data.

I have three duplicates done in two different places, so they look very
different in terms of background and signal intensities. Since I'm not
going to have more duplicates I would like to get the most information
possible from these, even if I do know that it is not the perfect
experimental design!

My question is, if the chips are very different, should I normalize
them separately (for example make to groups)? Does it make sense to
compare them between two gruops if they are normalised separately?
Should I just compare the differentially expressed genes lists coming
from the two different group of duplicates??

Thank you for your help!!
Paola