[BioC] Loess Normalization of Spotted Chip

Wolfgang Huber w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Tue Mar 9 08:04:33 MET 2004

Hi Tzulip,

you can try the function vsn in the package of the same name. If y is a
matrix of size (no.probes) x (no.chips), and pins is an integer vector
of length (no.probes) with values 1, 2, .... that code for the print-tip
ID, then

ny1 <- vsn(y, strata=pins)

should do the job. You can compare this to

ny2 <- vsn(y)

for a single-channel normalization "without" print-tips. For details,
please see the vignette. I'd be interested in your experience with this.

library(vsn)
openVignette("vsn")

Best wishes
   Wolfgang

Tzulip Phang wrote:
> We are very interested in eliminating the print-tip effects for our
> single channel data.  Do you know if any group have tried to accomplish
> that on the single -channel oligo chips data?
>
> Thank you
>
> Tzu
>
> Gordon K Smyth wrote:

Wolfgang Huber