[BioC] (no subject)

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Jun 7 15:46:06 CEST 2004

Hi Pedro,

That error means you are running out of memory. If you are using a
windows system, you may simply need to allocate more RAM to R by adding
--max-mem-size=<amount of RAM you have in megabytes>M to the target
field for your R shortcut. For instance, I have 2 Gb RAM, so I have

If you are on some unix-type system (including Mac OSX), then you
simply need to get more RAM, or if that is not possible, try justRMA(),
which uses much less RAM.

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109

>>> <PJARES at clinic.ub.es> 06/07/04 08:42AM >>>

I am a new user of affypackage and limma.
When I run rma or mas in affy package I get the following messages:

Bacground correcting.....error=cannot allocate vector of size 75249kb
In addition:warning messages:
1: "multiget" is deprecated
use "mget" instead
2 Reached total allocation of 511B: see help (memory.size)

Anybody could give some advice ?
Thank you

Pedro Jares, Ph.D.
Genomics Unit, IDIBAPS