[BioC] Affymetrix cdf-package question

Tae-Hoon Chung thchung at tgen.org
Fri Jul 23 19:22:41 CEST 2004

Hi, all;

While analyzing Affymetrix data set, when gene-information is necessary
after probe-level data analysis is performed, Bioconductor looks for a
related CDF package and if it cannot find it locally, it tries to get
it from Bioconductor web site and install it. (If this is not correct,
please let me know.) My question is this. When Bioconductor tries to
install CDF package, it tries to do it globally, I mean it requires
some root-level security privilege to install the necessary CDF
package. Is there any way that this can be done locally, that is make
Bioconductor install the necessary CDF package in a user's local
directory and fetch gene-information from it, which will not require
root-level privilege?

Tae-Hoon Chung, Ph.D

Post-doctoral Research Fellow
Molecular Diagnostics and Target Validation Division
Translational Genomics Research Institute
1275 W Washington St, Tempe AZ 85281 USA
Phone: 602-343-8724