[BioC] LimmaGUI Spot Quality

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.edu.au
Sun Jul 4 01:19:49 CEST 2004

Graham,

Many thanks for this further info.

I am taking from your remarks on AmpCh1 and AmpCh2 that we can read columns
into R and ignore the various ratio columns as these can be re-computed
from AmpCh1 and AmpCh2.

You are describing the "confidence estimate" as as an intuitive measure. I
understand the need for something intuitive. Unfortunately for use in
numerical calculations we need a measure which is quantitatively related to
something, e.g., is quantitatively related to the estimated variance of the
log-ratio is some way.

Gordon