[BioC] LimmaGUI Spot Quality

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Fri Jul 2 15:02:08 CEST 2004

Hi Liz,

limmaGUI is not as flexible as limma when it comes to spot
quality measures for "new spot finding packages".  Please tell
us the column name(s) from your raw image-analysis results files
which you want to use for assessing quality, and if you can
explain what the quality indicator in this column means (e.g.
high=good, low=bad, ...), that would be even better.

Try the limmaGUI spot-quality-weighting option for GenePix.
(Even if you don't have any GenePix files, you can just
pretend you do have GenePix files in order to see the
spot-quality weighting dialog.)  You can give different weights
to different GenePix flags (for "bad" spots or "not found"
spots etc.)  Is this the sort of thing you are looking for?

The extra quality column(s) are read in when the raw data is
read in, and then they are used to form weights in the
normalization routines in limma.

Type:
?normalizeWithinArrays
OR
?wtflags (not as flexible as the limmaGUI GenePix flags dialog)

at the R prompt for a bit more information.

Regards,
James