[BioC] simpleaffy error

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Jul 1 19:13:48 CEST 2004

That error usually indicates that you have not set the working directory
to the directory containing your files.

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109

>>> <kfbargad at lg.ehu.es> 07/01/04 12:58PM >>>

Dear users,

I have created a directory with a white-space delimited file
describing my samples called "covdesc" as suggested and have all the
CEL files in the same directory

I have loaded simpleaffy library and tried to read in the data. I get

an error that has been previously mentioned but couldn t find the
solution in the Bioconductor Archives. This is what I type and the

> raw.data <- read.affy()
Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection
In addition: Warning message:
cannot open file `./covdesc'

I am working on a Windows 2000 computer
R version 1.9.1