[BioC] cDNA microarray Questions

rwin qian rwinqian at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 21:29:11 MET 2004

Hello,

I am a beginner and have questions to ask for help.

I have a cDNA microarray data with reference design and 4 biological replicates in each of the 2 groups. I want to do comparison between these two groups in terms of gene expression. After the normalization, I checked the correlation coefficient of log(ratio) between the replicates within each group. The correlation coefficients are very low. Is that the normal case? Do I need to delete some poor quality genes before any analysis and what rule should I use?

My second question is what difference between function mt.maxT and mt.minP in “Multtest” package.

My last question is how I can find the old mails in this mail listing since I just joined it and want to read some questions that might be useful.

Thanks for the help!

Darwin