[BioC] Questions about multtest

Oosting, J. (PATH) J.Oosting at lumc.nl
Tue Feb 24 17:24:35 MET 2004

Michael,

I was also struggling with this a few days ago

mt.maxT(data[,6:12], c(0,0,0,1,1,1,1), test="t") from multtest gives the raw
P values in the 3rd  column of the result
In my case that gave some concern because there were almost no low values

so I basically computed all p-values from the t.test also

mytt<-function(x,cl){
  t.test(x[cl==0],x[cl==1])$p.val
}

pvals<-apply(data[,6:12],1,mytt,cl= c(0,0,0,1,1,1,1))

Well, values turned out to be the same when doing this so I had to conclude
there was no difference between my groups there

Keep in mind that the mt.maxT returns a sorted array with lowest p-values on
top

Jan