[BioC] Mising data

Alex F. Bokov yjih74b02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Feb 19 19:05:55 MET 2004

Dear Ms. Gu:

The following message appears to be in reference to a problem similar to
the one you're having.

http://www.mail-archive.com/r-help@stat.math.ethz.ch/msg13521.html

Note that the author of that message seems to be running an older
version of R. If that's not your problem, then doing the thing he tried
might work for you-- namely invoking R with the --max-mem-size=1024M
command-line flag.

Alternatively, you can set the memory limit from inside of R with this
command: memory.limit(size=1024)

By the way, how much RAM do you have in your computer and how large is
the swap-file?

>Hi,
>I am using marrayClasses package to read my raw data into R.
>I have 89 arrays, I put them in the same directory, and read them all. but I got the following error messages,
>Error: cannot allocate vector of size 3828 Kb
>What is the maximum size marray package can handle to read into R?

I suspect this error message indicates that R is incorrectly parsing the
number of rows and columns. How many rows and columns does it report
reading? Do they match what's supposed to be in your data? I don't know
about this particular package, but when I have this problem reading
tabular data in general, changing the column names and row names so they
contain no spaces usually fixes it.

--
                               --Sincerely, Alex F. Bokov
                                 Department of Physiology