[BioC] limma 1.3.4 for Win

Stephen Henderson s.henderson at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 19 12:03:16 MET 2004

Hello
I am having some problems with limma again. specifically when using this for
affy data. This works fine on my laptop and Linux computer but not on my
colleagues computer where I have tried to install this for him

His setup is the current limma version 1.3.1 running on R1.8.1 and Windows
XP. I get:

> contrast.matrix<-makeContrasts(group2-group1, group3-group2,levels=design)
> fit2<-contrasts.fit(fit1,contrast.matrix)
> fit3<-eBayes(fit2)
Error in ebayes(fit = fit, proportion = proportion, std.coef = std.coef) :
        No residual degrees of freedom in linear model fits

Somehow I have limma 1.3.4 on my laptop!!! which works well but 1.3.1 is on
the site, 1.5 is in the devel folder but only works with R1.9 (not really
released yet!).

SO...Can we have limma 1.3.4 again please??

Thanks
Stephen Henderson
WIBR, UCL