[BioC] downloading Bioconductor

Pamela Wolfe pamela.wolfe at comcast.net
Wed Feb 11 17:06:56 MET 2004

I have just installed R on my PC and cannot get the getBioC() function to run. I have the current version of getBoiC(). The error message is  "Your R cannot connect to the Bioconductor website, which is required for getBioC to work properly. The most likely cause of this is the internet configuration of R."

My operating system is XPpro, and I have successfully run updates from my laptop, which uses XPpro as well.

I tried adding       --internet2           to the target line on the desktop shortcut, with no improvement

Can you suggest something that will allow me to download Bioconductor?

Thanks,
Pam Wolfe