[BioC] Subtraction with NA values

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Wed Feb 11 05:28:40 MET 2004

Gordon --

Is it really standard?  Mathematically, I understand it, but
statistically/scientifically, how does that jibe for trusting the
order of calls with/without those genes?   We've been seeing some
really interesting dye effects, though it isn't clear how much is
background and cross-hyb vs. low-copy results (2-channel agilent
chips).   Of course, restricting to the genes above median expression,
or some slightly more advanced filtering, seems to solve this
problem, but I'm still worrying about the use of averaging for dye
effects.

best,
-tony