[BioC] FW: uninstalling

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Fri Dec 17 21:14:15 CET 2004

> I would also like to know how to uninstall Bioconductor properly.

> > Just a quick question.  I would like to get a fresh start.
> > What is the best way uninstall AnnBuilder? Also, how would I
> > go about uninstalling R?

Well, to answer your first (chronologically asked I mean) question first -
you can either run "R CMD REMOVE AnnBuilder" or do it from within R with
either remove.packages() or remove.packages2() (the latter is from
reposTools).

As for uninstalling Bioconductor - it is just a collection of packages, so
you would need to remove the packages from Bioconductor which you have
installed using the means described above.