[BioC] Common microarray clustering method

Ilya Venger ilya.venger at weizmann.ac.il
Sun Dec 12 17:16:21 CET 2004

Hi,
I'm looking for a most commonly used microarray clustering method. The
main problem is in deciding upon the appropriate amount of clusters to
use in the clustering, both in the agglomerative and teh partitioning
methods.
I know there are certain procedures such as MSS or v-fold cross
validation, which I might run. This would allow me to compare
clusterings resulting from incrementing the K (amount of clusters to use).
The main point is not only to find the best clustering algorithm, but a
not less importantly, commonly used.

Thanks,
Ilya.