[BioC] mva.pairs parameters

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Dec 2 18:10:34 CET 2004

Beth Wilmot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using R1.9.1 on Windows 2000.
>
> I have been able to change the main title using main="title" but have
> been unable to change any of the other graph parameters.  Specifically,
> I would like to change the size of the labels inside in the matrix.  For
> example, I use the following and get the same matrix as using the
> default settings.
>
> jpeg(file="array.jpeg")
> mva.pairs(array[,1:4], cex=.5)
> dev.off()

Unfortunately all of the label sizes are hard coded. It wouldn't be
difficult at all to change it though. You could just copy the code for
mva.pairs() and either add a variable for the label sizes so you could
change it at will, or you could change the hard coded values to
something you think is more reasonable. Save the code somewhere with a
.R extension, and source() it back into an R session.