[BioC] extracting one probe set

Laurent Gautier lgautier at altern.org
Tue Aug 24 18:07:47 CEST 2004

James W. MacDonald wrote:
> Thomas Turner wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I am trying to simply extract a table with the probe intensities for a
>> probe set that I specify by name.  As described in 6.2 of the manual,
>> I have been trying to use this command:
>>
>> ps <- probeset(affybatch, genenames = ("probe set name"))

This returns a 'list' of objects of class 'ProbeSet'.

To get the slot 'pm', there is no accessor function. One must use the
'@' operator.

### R example
ps <- probeset(affybatch, genenames = ("probe set name"))
## return the 'pm' for the first probe set
ps[[1]]@pm
## return the 'pm' for all the probe sets
lapply(ps, function(x) x at pm)

> Probably an easier method is to simply use the pm() and mm() accessor
> functions.

...depends on what one wants to do...
...having things stored in a ProbeSet can let one use a couple of
plotting methods, or 'express.summary.stat'...

L.