[BioC] Installing bioconductor from behind a firewall

Jose Duarte jose.duarte at human-anatomy.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Aug 16 17:07:56 CEST 2004

I've come across this problem in the past to install BioC in our linux
cluster (in a private network). The best solution I found was mirroring
the whole www.bioconductor.org web site with wget and changing the
pointer for www.bioconductor.org to the internal mirrored server.

Of course this is useful if what you want to install is most of the
packages of BioC (as we did here). This way you don't have to worry
about dependencies or other issues you might come across by scripting
your own installation of BioC with "R CMD install".

Hope this helps

Jose