[BioC] Job Posting Bioinformatics

christian.haslinger at vie.boehringer-ingelheim.com christian.haslinger at vie.boehringer-ingelheim.com
Tue Aug 10 10:52:57 CEST 2004

A postdoctorial position is available immediately in the bioinformatics
group at Boehringer Ingelheim Austria GmbH in Vienna (BIA). Applicants
should have a PhD in a biomedical science-related field with a strong
background in bioinformatics and statistics (and have an interest in
oncology).

Postdoctoral Position in Bioinformatics/Biostatistics

The successful candidate will work on a joint collaborative project between
BIA and the General Hospital of the University of Vienna with the title
"Genomic approaches to tumor invasion and metastasis", funded by the
Austrian government (see http://www.gen-au.at/english/project.jsp?id=10
<http://www.gen-au.at/english/project.jsp?id=10>  for a detailed
description).
Experimental data are generated at our in-house Affymetrix facility.
Available tools for expression analysis are R and Bioconductor as main
tools, but also Spotfire, Partek Pro and PathwayAssist.

The successful candidate will not only analyze the expression data but will
also be involved in the generation of an in-house database and a web
interface for easy access and visualization of the data. Experience in Perl
and S-PLUS/R programming in a Linux/Unix environment is desired.

Interested applicants should submit a summary of research interest, CV,
reprints and names of at least two referees. Please quote our ref.no.
90/334.

Boehringer Ingelheim Austria GmbH
Human Resources, Ms Susanna Steirer
Dr. Boehringer-Gasse 5-11