[BioC] Memory limitations with AffylmGUI

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Mon Aug 9 14:40:32 CEST 2004

Hi Malene,

Sorry, affylmGUI is not very memory-efficient yet.  Improving
efficiency is certainly on my long list of things to do.  I
would suggest trying the justRMA function in the affy package
from the R command-line or trying affylmGUI (and affy/justRMA)
on a machine with more memory.

For small affy analysis, you can use your own laptop or desktop,
but for larger analyses e.g. 80 chips, you might want to try to
gain access to a shared Linux server with more memory.

Best regards,
James