[BioC] GoHyperG question

John Zhang jzhang at jimmy.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 3 21:58:31 CEST 2004

>require(GOstats)
>library(humanLLMappings)
>x <- c("392316", "60", "53467", "32")
>GOHyperG(x, "humanLLMappings", "MF")
>
>And I get the error:
>Error in get(x, envir, mode, inherits) :
>variable "humanLLMappingsLOCUSID" of mode "environment" was not found

The second argument to GOHyper is supposed to be the name for a BioC annotation
data package for a given platform. "humanLLMappings" is not an annotation
package for any platform.

>I have 2 questions:
>1.  for the test I want to do (comparison against all human genes), is
>HumanLLMappings the appropriate set to use, or should I be making my
>own with AnnBuilder?

No, humanLLMappings is not the right package. You will have to build an
annotation package for the genes you are interested in.

>2.  What am I doing wrong above?  Why do I get the environment error?

See above.