[BioC] RE: BioC] simpleaffy betacf error in 1.2.3

Jan folia j_grandifolia at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 21:21:01 CEST 2004

Hi,

Wonder if anyone has input on this problem. I have quite a number of genes having the same expression across replicates, which i assume may cause difficulty in calculating std. error for pairwise.comp (t tests). As i went through previous archives, i am under the impression the version 1.2.3 should fix the problem.  Or is there more recent release up there that goes around this error?

thanks.

J.

From:<j_grandifolia at yahoo.com>To:bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.chDate:Sun, 1 Aug 2004 18:22:22 -0700 (PDT)Subject:[BioC] simpleaffy betacf error in 1.2.3
Plain Text Attachment [ Download File | Save to my Yahoo! Briefcase ]

Hi:I would like some suggestion on how to go around thefollowing error with simpleaffy:Using:R 1.9.0simpleaffy 1.2.3Code:rawdata <- read.affy(covdesc="covdesc.txt")rma <- rma(rawdata)pw.ua <- pairwise.comparison(x=rma, group="treatment",members=c("u", "a"))Error in get.fold.change.and.t.test(x, group, members,logged = logged,  :         a or b too big or not enough iterations inbetacfI got this error initially with a lower version (1.09)of simpleaffy, and then upgrade it to 1.2.3, assuggested in one of the archived email. But the errordid not go away. Any suggestions would be muchappreciated!Jan Folia