[BioC] venn diagram

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.edu.au
Thu Apr 29 00:45:16 CEST 2004

At 06:41 PM 28/04/2004, Anthony Bosco wrote:
>Hi.
>
>I actually want to compare lists of gene names (not expression data) using
>venn diagram tools.
>
>For example if I have a cell line and stimulate with several different
>treatments I want to know which genes are differentially expressed in all
>treatments or only some of the treatments.

Mmm, judging which genes are differentially expressed without considering
expression data would be a good trick! :)

There is an example of using venn diagrams for the purpose you describe in
the User's Guide of the most recent versions of limma. If you're using R
1.8.1, get limma from http://bioinf.wehi.edu.au/limma, if you're using R
1.9.0, get it from the BioC development area.

Gordon