[BioC] problems with RdbiPgSQL package

javier garcia - CEBAS rn001 at cebas.csic.es
Fri Apr 2 11:17:11 CEST 2004

Hi all;
I'm having a very bizarre problem with RdbiPgSQL 1.0.2 package.

I'm sending a query to a postgres database and I've got exactly the same
database in two computers. My R and Rdbi and RdbiPgSQL packages are exactly
the same in both computers. And the R script that sends the query is exactly
the same. The conflictive part of the script is:
------------------------------
library(Rdbi)
conn <- dbConnect(PgSQL(), host="127.0.0.1", dbname="murciadb")
evento17.10.2003 <- dbGetQuery(conn,
"SELECT extract(year FROM beginstep) AS year,\
              extract(month FROM beginstep) AS month,\
			  extract(day FROM beginstep) AS day,\
			  extract(hour FROM beginstep) AS hour,\
			  sum(p_06p02) AS P06P02,\
              sum(p_06p03) AS P06P03,\
              sum(p_06p04) AS P06P04\
#WHERE (beginstep >= '16/10/2003 14:00:00 UTC') \
              FROM evento17_10_2003_lluviachs \
			  GROUP BY extract(year FROM beginstep),\
			                   extract(month FROM beginstep),\
							   extract(day FROM beginstep),\
							   extract(hour FROM beginstep)")
The script works in one computer. And, in the other just works if I don't
include the 'WHERE' line. And in this second computer I've check that the
query works right if I use it from psql client.

It is really strange and I don't know what to do. I just send this in case
someone has an 'idea' about what can happen.

Best regards,

Javier