[BioC] negative values in from pmonly in dChip

Laurent Gautier laurent at cbs.dtu.dk
Wed Jun 25 06:11:56 MEST 2003

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 12:01:22PM -0700, Wenqiong Chen wrote:
> Hi, everybody:
> Can someone point to me that if it is possible to get negative values from
> the following command?
> expresso(data, normalize.method="invariantset", bg.correct=F,
> pmcorrect.method="pmonly", summary.method="liwong")
>
> I thought that if I used "pmonly" there should be no negative values,
> especially when no background correction was applied. Did I miss anything? I
> am sure I did.
> Thanks a lot for your help!
> wenqiong

The steps 'normalize.method="invariantset"' and 'summary.method="liwong"'
are the two places were negative values *could* "appear" (depending on
your particular dataset, but I did not check how likely this could happen)...
and there is also the possibility to have negative values in the CEL files
(who knows).

You can run the diffrent steps constituting expresso individually and
find out...

Hopin' it helps,

L.