[BioC] problems intalling bioconductor on windows NT

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Jun 16 12:14:51 MEST 2003

I believe you need R 1.7.1beta because there are some bugs in 1.7.0

http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/murdoch/software/r-devel/rw1071beta.exe

Jim

James W. MacDonald
UMCCC Microarray Core Facility
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

>>> "martino barenco" <m_barenco at hotmail.com> 06/16/03 10:48AM >>>
Hi,

I have succesfully installed bioconductor under MacOSx. By trying to do
the same under win NT for someone else, I get the following message:

> source("C:/WINNT/Profiles/Administrator/Desktop/getBioC.R")
> getBioC(libName="All")
Running getBioC version 1.2.34....
If you encounter problems, first make sure that
you are running the latest version of getBioC()
which can be found at: www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R
Please direct any concerns or questions to
bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch.
[1] "Installing reposTools ..."
Error in upDatePkgs(relLevel, PLATFORM, destdir, method = method) :
        Failed to install package reposTools
In addition: Warning messages:
1: downloaded length 932996 != reported length 5348600
2: error 1 in extracting from zip file

The R vesion was installed 1/2 hour ago and is 1.7.0. The version of
getBioC was also freshly downloaded. Note also that there is another
version (1.5.1) installed. Should I remove it maybe?

Thank you very much in advance.

Martino