[BioC] recognizing *.cdf file

Janet Holt JHolt@ms.soph.uab.edu
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 10:20:02 -0600

Hello,

I am new to Bioconductor and R. I'm having trouble using the Affy library
to read *.cel files. I am using the Latin square HG_U95a cel files. I have a
cdf file but don't know where to put it for Bioconducter to recognize it(it
doesn't recognize it when I put it in R\rw1061 directory. So I tried to
download the HG_u95a files from the bioconductor website and it created a
folder "HGU95ACDF" with several subfolders. In the data subfolder is a very
big hgu95acdf.rda file. However when I run "eset <- rma(Data)" in
Bioconductor, I get the message:

   error in .local (object, ... ) Information about probe locations for
HG_U95A could not be found.
   Try downloading the HGU95A cdf package from ...

Which is the package I did download. Does it need to be downloaded into a
certain directory other than R\rw1061?
Any help would be appreciated.

Janet K. Holt, Ph.D.
Visiting Professor