[BioC] (no subject)

Ben Bolstad bolstad at stat.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 28 18:18:40 MEST 2003

If you are talking about the RMA background then I have a brief
description on this page

http://www.stat.berkeley.edu/users/bolstad/ComputeRMAFAQ/ComputeRMAFAQ.html

and there are numerous other documents on my website also explaining it.

If you are interested in the other "background" methods implemented in
the affy package look at the vignette entitled "affy: Built-in
Processing Methods" which give a description of each of the methods. You
can get the vignettes by typing openVignette() (they are also on the
bioconductor website).

Ben

Ben Bolstad <bolstad at stat.berkeley.edu>
http://www.stat.berkeley.edu/~bolstad