[BioC] RMA question + GCRMA question

Phguardiol at aol.com Phguardiol at aol.com
Wed Aug 27 18:07:01 MEST 2003

thanks Rafael,
another question, I guess GCRMA is going to be memory consuming in a more aggressive way than RMA ? is there a GCRMAexpress planned ?
I m currently testing it and it is for sure less fast than RMA... with 8 chips (HU133A) it takes more time than with 40 chips under RMA ! By the way I have compared 2 differential analysis using either RMA or GCRMA all the other steps being done the same way with the same chips and some genes had some dramatic changes with GCRMA... SInce it will not be possible to check all these by PCR, is there any way to say which method is the most reliable one and reflects "reality" ? I bet you are going to say GCRMA...! Biological knowledge about these genes is the only way for me to go ahead but...it is limited !
Thanks
Philippe