[BioC] Please ask questions through the list

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Sun Aug 24 18:35:40 MEST 2003

A gentle request ...  Quite a few people have been sending me questions
about microarray data analysis to my individual email address.  Please,
please, please come through the Bioconductor mailing list.  I hate to say
no, especially to hard-working biologists who are trying to make sense of
microarray informatics, but it really isn't possible to offer a private
(and unpaid and uncredited) consulting service to everyone.  Your best
chance of getting a response from someone really is to post to the mailing
list, that's what it's for.  I expect that other Bioconductor authors take
a similar point of view.

Thanks
Gordon