[BioC] Microarray t-test and ANOVA

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Aug 12 14:35:18 MEST 2003

Hi

I have no doubt I am being slightly dim, but I have been looking for some documentation on how to find differentially expressed genes in microarray experiments using t-tests and analysis of variance and the Bioconductor packages.  So far, I can't find any.  Although tools appear to be present in the marrayTools library, the documentation and examples simply don't explain how an analysis should be carried out.  And although limma has FANTASTIC documentation, I wanted to tackle simpler things like t-tests before moving on to the more complicated stats there.

Does anyone know of some examples, or a tutorial, that explains how to do this type of analysis in Bioconductor?

Thanks
Mick