[BioC] package(graph)

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 6 12:46:22 MEST 2003

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Ivan Borozan wrote:
> R CMD INSTALL -l ../../../usr/lib/R/library/ rhdf5_1.0.1.tar.gz
> configure: error: please specify a valid hdf5 installation with
> --with-hdf5=DIR
> ERROR: configuration failed for package 'rhdf5'

I'm not certain that the configure script from rhdf5 picks up the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Try adding '--configure-args=--with-hdf=<DIR>' to your R INSTALL command
and see if that helps.

> any help would be appreciated ...also has anyone tried to install graphviz
> on a Linux RH 8.0 machine if yes could he/she inform me of the exact
> procedure ?

I've not installed on 8.0 but several 7.X machines.  In all cases it was
as simple as downloading graphviz-current from www.graphviz.org (follow
the 'most recent developmental release' link), and then the standard
install (./configure; make; make install).

> 2) On uploading the package {graph} i get
> Error in library(graph) : .First.lib failed
> although the package {graph} seems to install properly ?

Is there no other output between library(graph) and that error message?