[BioC] alias in .Rd and bundles

Anthony Rossini rossini@u.washington.edu
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 12:48:53 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Sandrine Dudoit wrote:

> 2. I've installed the bundle Bioconductor. Is there a way to load all
> packages with one command in R, instead of going library(package1),
> library(package2), etc.?

Do we need a dummy library, Bioconductor, with

.First.lib <- function() {
  while (library in bioconductor.libraries)
    require(library)
}

It appears that there are numerous subsets that might be of interest, and might not be worth power-loading everything (but it might be worth some kind of "topic/activity" based loader of the above, i.e. Bioconductor.topic("cDNA"), Bioconductor.topic("affy"), or similar activity-sets.

Comments?

best,
-tony

A.J. Rossini                            Rsrch Asst Professor of Biostatistics
rossini@u.washington.edu                http://software.biostat.washington.edu/
Biostatistics/Univ. of Washington       206-543-1044 (3286=fax) (Thursdays)
HIV Vaccine Trials Network/FHCRC        206-667-7025 (4812=fax) (M/Tu/W)
(Friday location is generally unknown).