[Bioc-sig-seq] 3'-5' position of Affymetrix probe sets

Christos Hatzis christos.hatzis at nuverabio.com
Thu Mar 3 21:12:05 CET 2011

Hi Maria,

Thanks again.  I could not find the link to the Ensembl Oligo probes file
that you suggested.
I'd appreciate that link if you have it.

But I was able to locate the BED file that feeds the UCSC custom track for
Affymetrix probe sets.  It can be downloaded from the NetAffx web site:

http://media.affymetrix.com/analysis/downloads/expression_array_bed_files/HG
-U133A.hg19.bed.gz

This file provides the chromosomal coordinates for the exemplars (track 1)
and for the individual probes in the probe set (track 2), in case others are
looking for this type of information.  Both are in the same file.

Best wishes,
-Christos