[Bioc-sig-seq] differential binding

Mark Robinson mrobinson at wehi.EDU.AU
Mon Jul 25 05:50:36 CEST 2011

Hi Bogdan,

Short answer is yes, you can use edgeR or DESeq in a differential binding
context, as long as you can represent your regions as a table of counts;
we and several others do exactly this.  As with RNA-seq, there are various
ways to arrive at a table of counts.  For example:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2011-July/040409.html

Regards,
Mark

> Dear all,
>
> please could you advise me on the following : could someone use the
tools
> that are developped for assesing differential expression in RNA-seq,
(edgeR, DESeq), in a Chip-Seq context, namely measuring differential binding