[Bioc-sig-seq] processing alignments

Fri Feb 11 02:21:49 CET 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Chu Zhang <chuzhang at ymail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have Bowtied (aligned) sequences against a local database having few sequences
> of length between 70-300bp. Now lets take SeqA  of length 120bp from my target
> database. Since the RNA-Seq reads are of length 38bp i guess, how do i ascertain
> that for instance 3 different reads aligned perfectly to cover the SeqA.

I'm not sure what you mean by "aligned perfectly to cover SeqA", but
-- I'd load your reads into a GRanges object which is easy to
manipulate.

You can look at the `coverage` function to then see how much of (and
to what dept) your SeqA is covered. Be aware the "strandedness" of
reads can be issue. You should be aware if your rna-seq data keeps
"strand" info or not and deal with your data accordingly.

Also, the I/GRange findOverlaps functionality will be your friend, too.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou