[Bioc-sig-seq] edgeR/454

Estefania Mancini estefania.mancini at indear.com
Tue Aug 9 21:51:40 CEST 2011

Dear All
I am trying to analyse 2 454 RNA-seq dataset.
I have only 2 condition, control and stress-
It is possible to use edgeR? I have prepared the file with the columns tags->reads.
I can load the files and build the "object of class "DGEList", which looks like this:

> RG
An object of class "DGEList"
$samples
                    files lib.size norm.factors
allcontrol allcontrol.txt   318020            1
allstress   allstress.txt   306479            1

$counts
                allcontrol allstress
Gen11900.1      50872     51431
Gen12050.1      39874     40052
Gen24780.1      33951     32149
Gen12070.1      26733     29256
Gen11930.1      23858     28396
18213 more rows ...

but when I try to apply:
> d = estimateCommonDisp(RG)
I have the following error:
Error in `$<-.data.frame`(`*tmp*`, "group", value = integer(0)) :
  replacement has 0 rows, data has 2

So I cannot continue analysing the data.
Any suggestion will be helpful
Thanks in advance
Estefania