[Bioc-sig-seq] qa error in ShortRead

Kunbin Qu KQu at genomichealth.com
Wed Sep 15 06:27:10 CEST 2010

Hi,

I received the following error when I tried to read some fastq in and
generate QA report. Could anybody help me? Thanks.

-Kunbin

[srp101]more tmp2
@SEQUENCER01_0007:1:1:1066:13331#0/1
CAGCTANCTGCGTTCTTCATCGACGCACGAGCCGAGTATTAATGTGAATTG
+SEQUENCER01_0007:1:1:1066:13331#0/1
fdfffcBccccccccfffffffeffffffcfffffedcfcffffddedfdd
@SEQUENCER01_0007:1:1:1066:8699#0/1
CTTACCNCCCACTATTAACCTACTGGGAGAACTCTCTGTGCTAGTAACCAC
+SEQUENCER01_0007:1:1:1066:8699#0/1
cc^ccaBV]]ba_^Zc^cbaa`c`cL^```cb\ccc^aaaaa^aabba`bb
@SEQUENCER01_0007:1:1:1066:20185#0/1
GCCACANACACCTGATTATCAACAGCCCGGCTTCGCTGAAGTAACTCCCAA
+SEQUENCER01_0007:1:1:1066:20185#0/1
fffffbBbbbcccccfffffefffffffffeffffffffefffffdefffd
[srp101]

> s6<-readFastq("./", "tmp2")
> q6<-qa(s6)
Error: UserArgumentMismatch
  'lane' must be 'character(1)'

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.11.0 (2010-04-22)
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C
 [3] LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8        LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
 [5] LC_MONETARY=C              LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
 [7] LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NAME=C
 [9] LC_ADDRESS=C               LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] ShortRead_1.6.2     Rsamtools_1.0.1     lattice_0.18-8
[4] Biostrings_2.16.7   GenomicRanges_1.0.1 IRanges_1.6.8

[1] Biobase_2.8.0 grid_2.11.0   hwriter_1.2

The contents of this electronic message, including any attachments, are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please send an e-mail to postmaster at genomichealth.com and delete this message, along with any attachments, from your computer.