[Bioc-sig-seq] Dispatch on GenomeDataList or GRangesList

Dario Strbenac D.Strbenac at garvan.org.au
Thu Sep 2 05:00:10 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'd like to treat these 2 classes as 1 class for the purpose of method dispatch.

In the first couple of lines of my .R file I have

setGeneric("annotationCounts", function(someArgument1, someArgument2){standardGeneric("annotationCounts")})
...          ...
setClassUnion("sequencingList", c("GenomeDataList", "GRangesList"))

and lower in the file I have

setMethod("annotationCounts", "sequencingList", function(someArgument1, someArgument2) {
 ...             ...
})

I am wondering if anyone knows what I should do about this warning in R CMD check ?

* checking whether package 'Repitools' can be installed ... WARNING
Found the following significant warnings:
  Warning: Class "GRangesList" is defined (with package slot âGenomicRangesâ) but no metadata object found to revise superClass information---not exported?  Making a copy in package âRepitoolsâ

Thanks,
       Dario.

Dario Strbenac
Research Assistant