[Bioc-sig-seq] error with MEDIPS.CpGenrich -> resize +, segfault in MEDIPS.plotCalibrationPlot

Lukas Chavez Wurm chavez at molgen.mpg.de
Mon Oct 25 12:17:28 CEST 2010

Hello,

as recommended by Steve, the best is to switch to R 2.12. and to install
MEDIPS via biocLite().

However, your MEDIPS.CpGenrich(data=barr, extend=fraglen) induced error
will remain. This is because the resize() function has no start
parameter anymore. Therefore, we have updated our MEDIPS.CpGenrich()
function. The updated version (MEDIPS v. 1.1.2) should be available the
next days via biocLite(). Until then you can run the MEDIPS.CpGenrich()
function without specifying the extend parameter. By this, the CpG
density of your short reads will be tested without an additional
smoothing. This should be fine also.

Regarding the error that appears in the context of the
MEDIPS.plotCalibrationPlot() function, I have seen that you try to
specify a main parameter that does not exist. I have also updated the
MEDIPS.plotCalibrationPlot() function in order to allow defining custom
headers for the plots  by a main parameter (also available from version
1.1.2). Until then try to create the calibration plots without
specifying a main parameter. I have also seen that you first call the
png() function and afterwards calibration plots are plotted in a loop.
Maybe you can try to create the calibration plots one after the other in
the loop as:

for(bar in calib_list){
png(paste("Calibration_plot_bar", counter, ".png", sep=""))
MEDIPS.plotCalibrationPlot(data=bar, linearFit=T, plot_chr="all", rpm=T,
xrange=10)
dev.off()
counter=counter+1
}