[Bioc-sig-seq] Cached GenomicRanges or RangedData Objects?

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Mon Oct 11 17:24:06 CEST 2010

We are liking the idioms that go with GenomicRanges and RangedData Objects
(follow, precede, findOverlaps, etc), but we are bumping up against
memory demands of loading very large objects.

Is there now or will there soon be a cached version of these that will
lessen our memory requirements?

If not, is there a cookbook as to how to create and save cached versions
of these objects.

Or maybe a place to look in the bioConductor codebase to get some ideas of
how to go about constructing cached versions of these classes?

Thanks,

Chuck

                                             Dept of Family/Preventive Medicine