[Bioc-sig-seq] Refseq vs Ensembl

Fri Nov 19 14:27:07 CET 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 2:49 AM, kirti prakash
<kirtiprakash3.14 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but here is my question.
>
> When I take trancription start positions from the site below the total
> tss count is around 37000.
> http://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/hg19/database/refGene.txt.gz
>
> When I query at ensembl the total tss count is around 137000.

For most genes, the ensembl gene annotations typically have more
isoforms for it than does refseq.

Poke around in the genome browser for your favorite genes and turn on
the RefSeq and Ensembl "Gene and Gene Prediction Tracks," you'll see

Steve Lianoglou